All athletes, whether endurance or strength focused, need adequate protein in their diets. The main reasons (but trust me, there are A LOT more) are protein is needed to:
- Promote muscle repair
- Boost glycogen storage
- Support immune system
So without further ado, try this awesome, filling but also light and refreshing summer protein dish.
- 1-2 chicken breasts
- Balsamic vinegar (enough to marinate the chicken in)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 cups strawberries
- 1-2 cups fresh basil
- pinch of sea salt
- Marinate the chicken in balsamic and garlic.
- Heat a large skillet to high heat, then cook for 4-6 minutes per side, or you can grill.
- Chop up fresh strawberries and basil.
- Once cooking is complete, top chicken with strawberries, basil, and extra balsamic if you want (I also add a little olive oil to the vinegar and top the whole thing with balsamic and olive oil)