Ultimate Recovery Soup
Everyone knows you have to train smart to get results, but you also have to EAT SMART to get results. Below is one of my fave recipes for supporting healthy training and recovery, because recovery is just as important as training 🙂
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 bunch leafy greens such as swiss chard, chopped (but you can use kale or spinach instead)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Redmond Salt
Start by warming the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the shallot, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Next, add the chopped greens and crushed red pepper (if using) then stir together. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the greens are slightly soft. Add the lentils to the pot along with the chicken broth and water then turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook for 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender, then turn heat to low.
Squeeze the juice of two lemons into the pot and stir together. Ladle into separate bowls, serve warm and enjoy!